Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scruffy Nerf Herders vs Sith Lords of the Ring Forum Index -> News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Damworth Incorporated
Leader

re: On Cora's Departure

[This is a re-post from Cora's "Farewell" forum, also on this site.]

Heya and hail-ya, guildies!

First off, Dod (Cora), I look forward to seeing you in Diablo III! We'll have to see how we can meet up on that forum when it hits.

Secondly, to the Scruffy Nerf Herders:

Cora and I have known each other in game for some time. He's a strategist, an end-game completionist, a helluva student of this game and any other he invests himself in for any length of time. And he is selfless when it comes to helping guildies get to that point with him. He's a team leader and team builder. I understand if you feel adrift without him. He's my friend, though we are very different.

As for me, I'm a casual player--but I play a lot, and I have an eye on the interactions of our guildies when I'm on. I know I'm not on as late as some of you--that will change as I have more time in the summer.

My job, as I see it, is to listen. To make officers of those who are helpful and have the guild's interest at heart. To help foster a spirit of fun. To hold this place until the king returns (that's you, Cora), or the last beer is gone, or until the clamour and uprising against me forces me to retreat naked into the hills. Alternatively, if the raiding wing of this guild finds a natural leader and I am no longer required at this post, I will step aside. Those who know me from LOTRO already know this will not be a big deal to me.

I refuse to take this--or any--game seriously anymore.

What DOES bother me is Dazy. The sith version. We need to kill him, and any empire types who associate with him, at every opportunity.

I owed my life to him in LOTRO. Here, he owes me his.

I do not see a farewell from Cora at all. It might be posted inside of the officer forums. I did not see one on the Swifty website either. I would have liked to have been able to say goodbye in a reply to him and am sure that others would as well.
Cora
Shortline/Dod

Sorry about that...hadn't gotten around to getting an official post out the door. There should be one now Happy

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum